I've stumbled upon something interesting on one of my favorite blogs Pink of Perfection. Sarah, its lovely creator and writer, posted this fun exercise from her "Creativity Boot Camp" class. I think it's a fun thing to do on a Saturday morning. Don't you? Grab a pen and peace of paper and write your answers! It shouldn't involve lots of thinking, just listen to your heart. So, here we go:
Write ten things you love.
- Write ten things you love.
- Write five things you would do if you knew you wouldn’t fail.
- Write five alternative lives you would like to live other than your own.
- Write four tiny things you can do in the life you have to bring you closer to those imagined lives.
Now, imagine an older, wiser version of yourself who has some advice to share.
- What do you need to know?
- What do you need to embrace?
- What do you need to do?
- What do you need to grieve?
- What do you need to celebrate?
1) a good black coffee in the morning, 2) trying out a new recipe I'm excited about, 3) being silly and laughing with my hubby, 4) wearing dresses, 5) when people compliment my food, 6) watching wonderful movies, 7) flipping through a glossy cookbook, 8) watching Nigella Lawson cook, 9) peace and quiet , 10) dancing to the song I love.
Write five things you would do if you knew you wouldn’t fail.
1) open a charming pastry/coffee shop, 2) write a book, 3) move to another city, 4) start driving a car, 5) have another baby.
Write five alternative lives you would like to live other than your own.
1) baker, 2) psychologist, 3) writer in a woman's magazine, 4) someone's muse, 5) 1920's flapper .(this one is completely unrealistic, but I couldn't resist!)
Write four tiny things you can do in the life you have to bring you closer to those imagined lives.
4. 1) apply for culinary school, 2) go back to University, 3) write more, 4)hang out with creative people, 5) get a time machine.
Advice part is quite hard. I don't feel wise enough to answer those questions, but I'll try:
1. You need to know that everything is going to be OK.
2. You need to embrace yourself and welcome change.
3. You need to stop worrying so much.
4. You need to grieve your hurtful past. Grieving, not being angry.
5. You need to celebrate the life you've created for yourself.
Wow, this was fun! What an eye-opener! I wish you all a fabulous weekend.